After two years of pre-clinical training at the University of Bristol, our medical students go on to placements at Clinical Academies across the South West region.
- The Royal United Hospital Bath
- The largest Academy outside of Bristol and consists of two sites, Gloucester and Cheltenham, including an Education Centre, library, and modern teaching and seminar rooms.
- The largest NHS Trust in the South West and is sited at Southmead Hospital
South Bristol Academy
- Clinical teaching is at a number of hospitals: The Bristol Royal Infirmary (BRI), including the Bristol Heart Institute, Bristol Royal Hospital for Children, Bristol Haematology and Oncology Centre, Bristol Eye Hospital and St Michael's Hospital, University Hospitals Bristol Education Centre. These facilities are within walking distance of the main University precinct
North Somerset Academy
- Based on the site of Weston General Hospital
- Based on two sites - Musgrove Park Hospital in Taunton and Yeovil District Hospital
Over 200 University of Bristol students in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th years of their undergraduate course train at The Great Western Hospital
Provides a formal setting for learning and teaching for a wide range of health care professionals as well as students from other medical schools
University of Bristol Medical School
University of Bristol First Floor, 5 Tyndall Avenue
UK - United Kingdom