The State University of New York (SUNY) Downstate Health Sciences University is the only academic medical center for health education, research, and patient care serving the 2.5 million residents of the borough of Brooklyn.
SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is one of four such campuses within the 64 unit State University of New York. Located on an urban campus in the East Flatbush section of Brooklyn, SUNY Downstate comprises of the College of Medicine, School of Health Professions, College of Nursing, School of Graduate Studies, School of Public Health, and University Hospital of Brooklyn.
The University Hospital of Brooklyn (UHB) operates 3 satellite health centers and an ambulatory care center to serve community healthcare needs. It is the teaching hospital of SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University.
- Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center
- The Brooklyn Hospital Center
- Brooklyn Campus of the VA NY Harbor Healthcare System
- NYC Health and Hospitals Coney Island Hospital
- NYC Health and Hospitals Kings County Hospital Center
- Kingsboro Psychiatric Center
- Northwell Health - Lenox Hill Hospital
- Northwell Health (Formerly North ShoreUH/LIJ)
- Maimonides Medical Center
- Staten Island University Hospital Northwell Health
- Richmond University Medical Center - Staten Island
- SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University - University Hospital of Brooklyn
- SUNY Downstate at Bay Ridge
This school has multiple campuses
(SUNY) State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center College of Medicine
450 Clarkson Avenue
New York - United States