The Anne Burnett Marion School of Medicine at Texas Christian University is transforming health care by inspiring Empathetic Scholars® who will excel in the science of medicine and deliver compassionate, empathetic care to their patients.
The Burnett School of Medicine, Fort Worth's M.D. school, opened with a class of 60 students in July 2019. The new allopathic medical school was formed in 2015. The Burnett School of Medicine's focus on communication, a first-of-its-kind curriculum and the development of Empathetic Scholars® uniquely positions the school to radically transform medical education, improving care for generations.
ohn Peter Smith (JPS) Health Network, the county hospital, has a significant GME program with resident training in 10 academic programs.
The Burnett School of Medicine is working with hospitals throughout North Texas to help build and grow GME slots.
In 2021, we announced an expanded affiliation with Texas Health Resources that includes support of GME programs at hospitals in Fort Worth, Hurst-Euless-Bedford and Denton. This relationship will further promote growth of the physician workforce in North Texas. By July 2022, Texas Health plans to have a total of nearly 50 residents training at GME program sites covered by this new affiliation. That annual number is expected to increase to more than 110 by July 2024.
- Baylor Scott & White All Saints Medical Center - Fort Worth is an award-winning full-service hospital dedicated to providing for the healthcare needs of the community. Baylor Scott & White - Fort Worth is among Tarrant County's oldest not-for-profit hospitals and celebrated 100 years of service in 2006. The medical center has 574 licensed beds and offers a broad range of medical services including programs of excellence in cardiology, transplantation, neurosciences, oncology and women's services. Baylor Scott & White - Fort Worth is accredited by The Joint Commission.
- Baylor Scott & White - Grapevine has received Level II Trauma Center verification by the American College of Surgeons and designation by the State of Texas. In trauma care, every second counts and having the availability of a high-functioning Level II Trauma Center in this community allows for immediate care of the injured.
- Baylor Surgical Hospital at Fort Worth is a hospital in which physicians have an ownership or investment interest. The center, which is accredited by The Joint Commission, performs a broad range of outpatient surgical procedures. The state-of the art equipment allows surgeons to perform procedures in the specialty areas of spine surgery, total joint replacement, orthopedics, pain management, ENT, plastic and reconstructive surgery, urology and podiatry.
- Cook Children's Health Care System embraces an inspiring Promise—to improve the health of every child in our region through the prevention and treatment of illness, disease and injury. Based in Fort Worth, the not-for-profit organization is comprised of eight companies, including a Medical Center, Physician Network, Home Health Company, Northeast Hospital, Pediatric Surgery Center, Health Plan, Health Services Inc., and Health Foundation. With more than 60 primary, specialty and urgent care locations throughout Texas, families can access our top-ranked specialty programs and network of services to meet the unique needs of their child.
- Patient-centered care is the guiding principle of JPS Health Network. The patient experience is the sum of all interactions that influence our patients' perceptions of every aspect of the network. More than 5,000 nurses, practitioners, ancillary and support services team members make up the JPS Health Network, which serves the healthcare needs of families in Tarrant County. The facilities on Main Street have grown to a hospital licensed for 573 beds that is attached to a Patient Care Pavilion - a five-story acute care facility, along with an outpatient care center and a dedicated facility for psychiatric services.locations throughout Texas, families can access our top-ranked specialty programs and network of services to meet the unique needs of their child.
- For more than 90 years, Methodist Health System has been striving to improve and save lives through compassionate, quality health care in North Texas. Methodist Health is a renowned network of acute-care and teaching hospitals and medical centers serving communities that include Richardson, Dallas, Mansfield, and Charlton.
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Alliance serves the communities of North Fort Worth, Keller, Haslet, Justin, Roanoke and the surrounding area with advanced medical treatments and an experienced staff that provides compassionate care. Texas Health Alliance is one of 103 facilities nationwide to be recognized for operating at the highest level of electronic medical record adoption: a paperless environment that helps improve efficiency, quality of care and patient safety.
- Texas Health Fort Worth has been named to U.S. News & World Report's list of best hospitals in the Dallas/Fort Worth area each year since the program's inception. The hospital is designated an Emergency Center of Excellence by Emergency Excellence, a national organization specializing in emergency department benchmarking, and has been voted the “Best Place to Have a Baby” 20 times by readers of Fort Worth Child magazine.
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth serves the communities of Fort Worth, Benbrook, Crowley, Aledo and Granbury with advanced medical treatments and an experienced staff that provides compassionate care. Texas Health Southwest Fort Worth is certified by the Joint Commission for the hospital's heart failure program, and is also certified as a Cycle IV Chest Pain Center. The hospital has a designation from the American College of Radiology as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence.
TCU Burnett School of Medicine
4055 International Plaza
Texas - United States