The Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center is a nonprofit 501 medical services provider in the borough of Brooklyn, New York City. Brookdale's primary and secondary service areas together comprise 1 million residents. It serves most of Eastern Brooklyn: Brownsville, East New York, Canarsie and East Flatbush
The Teaching Hospital
As a teaching hospital, Brookdale is dedicated to training new physicians.
Brookdale's House Staff is comprised of graduate doctors, physicians who already have their medical degrees and are receiving further training in a specialty. Residents are in the initial phase of postgraduate training, and fellows in the process of obtaining more advanced specialty training.
Accreditations & Affiliations
The Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center is:
- Licensed to operate as a voluntary nonprofit hospital by the New York State Department of Health.
- A major affiliate of the State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn (SUNY-HSCB).
- An affiliate of the New York College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- An affiliate of the New York University College of Dentistry.
- Accredited as a voluntary general hospital by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
- Approved by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education for postgraduate medical training.
- A member of the Hospital Association of New York State and the Greater New York Hospital Association.
- A participating hospital in the Health, Hospital and Planning Council of Southern New York Master Plan for Hospitals and Related Facilities.
- A member of the United Hospital Fund of Greater New York.
- Affiliated with Adelphi University, State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn and Long Island University, which offer Bachelor of Science and graduate degrees in Nursing.
- Affiliated with Kingsborough Community College, which offers an Associate's degree program in Nursing.
- Affiliated with the Arnold and Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences of Long Island University for the training of pharmacists.
- A member of the Brooklyn Association of Mental Health.
- Approved by The American Osteopathic Association for the training of interns.
- Approved by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association for postgraduate training in General Practice and Pediatric Dentistry
NYIT College Of Osteopathic Medicine/Brookdale University Hospital Medical Center
1 Brookdale Plaza
New York - United States