All College of Medicine students spend their first two years at the Upstate Medical University campus in Syracuse. At the start of the third year, one-fourth of the class moves to the Binghamton Clinical Campus, one hour south of Syracuse for their third year, and most elect to stay for their fourth. The rest of the class remains in Syracuse.
Binghamton Clinical Campus:
The Binghamton Clinical Campus was established as a branch campus of the College of Medicine in 1976. Although the Clinical Campus is community-based (clinical facilities are not University-owned), Binghamton students spend similar amounts of time in hospitals on their rotations.
- UHS Wilson Memorial Hospital offers all of the advanced clinical services associated with a large, acute-care facility including a neonatal intensive care unit, Level II Trauma Center, cardiac center and Gamma Knife and CyberKnife technologies.
- UHS Binghamton General Hospital includes a center for reconstructive surgery, a renal dialysis unit, a sleep disorders unit, mental health services and substance abuse services.
- UHS Chenango Memorial Hospital in Norwich, NY is a 138 bed community hospital where students may choose to complete surgery and/or Ob/Gyn clerkships.
- Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospitall is the regional radiation center for cancer treatment and has a hospice program.
The Binghamton Clinical Campus is located at 420 Robinson St. in Binghamton, NY as part of the Greater Binghamton Health Center in the Garvin Building.
Medical students on the Syracuse campus complete their clinical years at Upstate's own University Hospital, and its affiliates. As a regional leader in complex care Uh offers hundreds of specialty services including a Level I Trauma Center in the area.
- At our Central New York Gamma Knife Center, neurosurgeons and radiologists treat patients with brain tumors once labeled inaccessible or inoperable.
- At Upstate's Clark Burn Center, experts provide state-of-the-art burn care, including hyperbaric oxygen therapy, for adult and pediatric patients from 25 counties.
- Our Joslin Diabetes Centerone of only 13 prestigious Joslin sites in the countryexcels in diabetes management, education and treatment.
- And our pediatric cardiac care specialists perform approximately 200 open-heart surgeries on children (some only hours old) each year.
The College of Medicine has five clinical affiliates in Syracuse:
- Veterans Administration Medical Center
- Crouse Hospital
- Upstate University Hospital Community Campus
- Hutchings Psychiatric Center
- St. Joseph's Hospital Health Center
Special Rural Medical Scholars Program for students interested in practicing medicine in small communities.
- Amsterdam - Glens Falls
- Gloversville - Ogdensburg
- Olean - Watertown
This school has multiple campuses
Upstate University College of Medicine
750 East Adams Street
New York - United States
1 MedsHousing Listing matches for you near Upstate University College of Medicineview on map
are looking for? Let landlords know
where the demand is! Create a Want Ad!