McGovern Medical School is the eighth-largest medical school in the United States. Located in the heart of the Texas Medical Center, the school was established by the Texas Legislature in 1969 to address the shortages of physicians and the then-untapped resources for medical education in Houston.
With nearly 1,000 medical students, 240 a year accepted, and a similar number of residents and fellows, McGovern Medical School is the eight-largest medical schools in the country.
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges and by by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education LCME.
THe Teaching Hospitals:
- Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center is the primary teaching hospital.
- Memorial Hermann The WoodlandsHospital
- Lyndon Baines Johnson Hospital
- MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Memorial Hermann Hospital Southwest
- Memorial Hermann Hospital Northwest
- Memorial Hermann Hospital Sugar Land
- Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical Center
- Women's Memorial Hermann and Children's Memorial Hermann
This school has multiple campuses
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston; McGovern Medical School
Texas - United States