The UCSF School of Medicine is the medical school of the University of California, San Francisco and is located at the base of Mount Sutro on the Parnassus Heights campus in San Francisco, California. Founded in 1864 by Hugh Toland, it is the oldest medical school in California and the western United States.
UCSF is part of the 10-campus University of California,
The University of California forged a partnership with the City and County of San Francisco in 1873 to provide health care services and train doctors.
ZSFG is one of UCSF's primary teaching hospitals, where medical residents train under UCSF faculty and City staff. (Zuckerberg) San Fran General Hospital
- UCSF Medical Center at Parnassus, Mount Zion, and Mission Bay
- UCSF Benioff Children's Hospitals in San Francisco and Oakland
- Primary care and specialty clinics throughout Northern California
- 3,200 students enrolled in degree programs
- 1,650 clinical residents or fellows
- 1,180 postdoctoral scholars
University of California--San Francisco; UCSF School of Medicine
School of Medicine Office of Admissions, Box 0408 533 Parnassus Avenue, Room U-426
California - United States