The three-year program in Medicine operates on an 11 months-a-year basis.
McMaster University's School of Medicine was founded in 1966. Since 2000, Undergraduate (UGME)and Postgraduate Medical Education program (PGME) enrolment has more than doubled, necessitating a network of distributed medical education (DME) outside of Hamilton.
The distributive learning model is becoming the norm at medical schools worldwide and McMaster is a leader in DME with our learners experiencing medical education in surrounding communities.
McMaster has 4 campuses:
The first four months of UGME training (Medical Foundation One) will take place for all students at the Hamilton campus
Clinical placements are conducted in local hospitals and outpatient clinics as well as community physician's offices in the surrounding areas including Guelph, Oakville, Burlington, Brantford, Dundas, Ancaster, Stoney Creek, Newmarket and Mississauga.
Niagara Regional Campus
Inter-professional Collaboration with Brock University, Niagara College and Niagara Health System
Below is a list of the Hospital and health partners:
- The Niagara Health System (NHS) is a multi-site hospital amalgamation comprised of five sites serving 434,000 residents across the 12 municipalities making up the Regional Municipality of Niagara
- West Lincoln Memorial Hospital -
- Hotel Dieu Shaver Health and Rehabilitation Centre
- Niagara Region Public Health -
- Fort Erie
- Niagara Falls
- Port Colborne
- St. Catharines
- West Lincoln
Waterloo Regional Campus
The Michael DeGroote School of Medicine Regional Campus
Located at the University of Waterloo Health Science Campus,The Michael DeGroote School of Medicine Regional Campus building is home to (CFFM) Centre for Family Medicine
- Regional Site for McMaster Family Medicine Residency and University of Waterloo's School of Optometry
Training is conducted within physicians offices or within local hospitals (Cambridge Memorial Hospital, Groves Community Memorial Hospital in Fergus, Guelph General Hospital, Homewood Health Centre in Guelph, Grand River Hospital in Kitchener, St. Mary's General Hospital in Kitchener, Louise Marshall Hospital in Mount Forest, and North Wellington Hospital in Palmerston)
DME at McMaster is organized primarily in two Medical Education Campuses (MECs),
- Waterloo Regional and Niagara Regional Campuses
- Clinical rotations in four Clinical Education Campuses (CECs) (Community based preceptors)
- Grand Erie Six Nations,
- Osler sites.
Source (2020) https://mdprogram.mcmaster.ca/
This school has multiple campuses
McMaster University: Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine
1280 Main Street West, Michael DeGroote Centre for Learning and Discovery (MDCL) - 3104
Ontario - Canada