The MD Program spans 147 weeks of instruction, divided into 2 years of preclerkship and 2 years of clerkship. Upon completion, students will receive a Doctor of Medicine degree (MD).
The University of Ottawa is the only medical school in North America that offers the MD Program in both official languages, English and French. On average, 166 students are enrolled each new academic year, comprised of roughly 118 in the Anglophone stream and 48 in the Francophone stream.
Ottawa's 5 Academic Hospitals:
- The Ottawa Hospital,
- Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario,
- Hôpital Montfort,
- The Royal and Bruyère Continuing Care
DME Program: (Rural placement)
The Faculty of Medicine has established links with a few communities surrounding Ottawa who take a large proportion of our learners. These sites have administrative support from the Faculty and tend to take many of our mandatory specialty rotations.
- Shawville, Quebec
- Eastern Regional Medical Education Program (ERMEP) - Perth
- Rural Ontario Medical Program (ROMP) - Collingwood
- Northern Ontario School of Medicine (NOSM) - Sudbury and Thunder Bay
- Southwestern Ontario Medical Education Network (SWOMEN) - London
Source: (2020) https://med.uottawa.ca
This school has multiple campuses
University of Ottawa Faculty of Medicine
Roger Guindon Hall, 451 Smyth Rd #2044
Ontario - Canada