School of Medicine officially opened on Sept. 6, 1905, and began providing instruction at the Bell Memorial Hospital in Rosedale, Kansas.
The University of Kansas Medical Center is an educational and research institution that includes the School of Medicine, School of Nursing and School of Health Professions. Through a collaboration with The University of Kansas Health System and other clinical partners in the state, students receive the benefits of learning in an academic medical center setting.
- Our faculty physicians provide inpatient care and serve on the staff of The University of Kansas Health System and provide ambulatory care through the University of Kansas Physicians on our campus in Kansas City, giving our students opportunities for clinical experience and residency positions.
- The JayDoc Free Clinic, run by students, provides important primary and preventive care services to approximately 2,000 uninsured Wyandotte County patients per year.
- KU School of Medicine residents and fellows train at U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs medical centers in Kansas City, Leavenworth and Topeka, Kan. The VA helps to fund the trainees who rotate to their sites, and this affiliation offers a unique patient population to our learners.
- KU School of Medicine-Wichita paid and volunteer faculty, students and residents provide care for patients at various community-based ambulatory clinics and at three partner hospitals: Robert J. Dole VA Medical Center, Via Christi Health and Wesley Medical Center.
- The JayDoc Community Clinic is run by Medical students who provide free health care to the medically underserved.
- KU School of Medicine-Salina students are trained by physicians practicing all specialties at the Salina Regional Health Center, a 390-bed regional hospital with a strong family medicine residency program. Our students also participate in the Smoky Hill Family Medicine Residency Program.
- The KU Medical Center Outreach Aircraft allows our professionals to provide rural residents with increased access to medical care by bringing specialists to various locations statewide.
- The KU Center for Telemedicine & Telehealth has more than 100 sites across the state and has delivered tens of thousands of clinical consultations and educational events across numerous medical, nursing and allied health specialties since it began in 1991.
- Kansas Medical Resource and the Kansas Locum Tenens program provide temporary medical coverage to physicians in rural communities for general surgery, psychiatry, radiation oncology, anesthesiology, obstetrics/gynecology, family medicine, general internal medicine, general pediatrics and other health care specialties.
This school has multiple campuses
University of Kansas School of Medicine
3901 Rainbow Blvd. Kansas City, KS 66160
Kansas - United States
0 MedsHousing Listing matches for you near University of Kansas School of Medicineview on map
Here are the results for your search results without your specifications for amenities:
are looking for? Let landlords know
where the demand is! Create a Want Ad!