For nearly 100 years, Lehigh Valley Health Network has had independent residency programs. LVHN is the regional clinical campus of the University of South Florida's Morsani College of Medicine and an accredited member of the nation's Council of Teaching Hospitals.
Students will spend their first two years learning in a highly progressive, student-centered medical school, the USF Health Morsani College of Medicine in Tampa, Fla. They will then spend their final two years learning inside a technologically advanced health network - Lehigh Valley Health Network in Allentown, Pa.
The Lehigh Valley's principal cities are Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton, comprising the Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton metropolitan area.
The Lehigh Valley is:
- located approximately 60 miles (96 km) north of Philadelphia,
- the country's fifth largest city
- 80 miles (129 km) east of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania's capital,
- 80 miles (144 km) west of New York City, the country's largest city
- home to more than 820,000 people as of the 2010 U.S. Census.
- Recent census studies show it to be the fastest growing region in Pennsylvania, due in part to its growing popularity as a bedroom community for the highly-populated neighboring regions of Philadelphia, New Jersey and New York City as well as its favorable business climate and much lower cost of living in comparison to surrounding areas.
- Lehigh Valley also is considered part of the historic Pennsylvania Dutch Country
Health Care Education:
- McClosky School of Nursing
- (SELECT) Medical Student Program in collborattion with USF Health Morsani College of Medicine in Tampa, Fla
- LVHN Residency and Fellowship Programs
- 4TH Year elective rotations to medical students from LCME- and AOA-accredited medical schools in the U.S., Puerto Rico and Canada
This school has multiple campuses
Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN)
1200 S Cedar Crest Blvd
Pennsylvania - United States